25th Anniversary Run



21 July 2018



Thank You



ON ON

Caution

Some contents in this site may not be suitable to some immature minds

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Rehashed20101002 Kwang

Run: 898 Virgin Hare: Kwang Venue: Mahkota Cheras Cohare: Silent Dragon

The hare and co hare with On sex

Though this would be the third time HLH4 was running here, for this scribe, it was the first. The Google map approximated 18 mins for the 15km journey. I thought, for once I could be early, so left just before half past five. Well I did not bargain for the very slow traffic on Jalan Cheras nor did I expect the jam at the Bandar Tun Hussein Onn interchange to be that bad.

Driving slow while looking out for non existent hash signs, I managed to arrive at about 6.15pm. Some hashers were still hanging around, but by the time I had put on my shoes, they were gone leaving just Farah to mind the cars and keys. The beer wagon had yet to come.

Both the last two runs here were set by Silent Dragon and the reviews were not favorable to me. This run too was to be set by him. But then Farah said "Don't worry, its ok here. I ran here the last time". So I gave her my keys and went in and while still on tarmac, met the hares coming out. Silent Dragon said "Easy run" followed by Kwang saying "For you, 45 mins". Does anyone ever believe the hare?

Getting off tarmac, I caught some hashers in the distance going under canopy, so I headed towards them, ignoring the trail that went left to the 1st check. Was with the back pack now, so far so good. Caught up with the middle pack at the 2nd check. A short 2 min climb through bamboo. That was easy.

Meandering through on flats, came across 'traffic warden' Charlie, guiding the runners to the correct trail before he scooted off backwards. The trial he directed hashers to turned out to be a flooded path. There was no escaping except by way of Charlie's method - turning back and I was tempted to, until I caught sight of KFC up in front, wallowing happily through the 'stream'.

The 3rd check break took us to the foothills. So now the dreaded part. But, surprisingly, it was a gentle slope which was inviting the hashers to come up. This should not be too bad, I thought. Midway through, the 20 degree gentleness grew to a somewhat 40 degree slope.

As I was struggling up, I heard someone calling me. I answered and the person asked, "You got water ahh?". With an affirmative answer, I prodded on up thinking, how nice HLH4 members were, being concerned for me, knowing that I did not like hills. The harriet down below called again and said "wait wait, I want water". Oh, she wants water, so I slowed my pace, allowing me to get some much needed rest.

A while later, KFC, came up. She accepted a swig from my bottle before continuing up. I waited for Heny Soo, who came up a few minutes later and gratefully downed a couple of gulps. Before Heny continued her climb, she said that Angel too did not have water. Angel did not look too good when she came up and accepted some water.

A short while later as we were slowly going up, I heard another call, "Bandit Bandit wait". I was sure, Lester ABC did want some water, anyway I slowed down. Soon three young guests came up and said "Oh itu orang pengsan". Certainly, that could not be our Pengsan down there. He would have competed the run by now. So I asked our guests who were below and they said "tiga orang, satu perumpuan".

Lester ABC was slowly pulling TnG while Suck It was restraining her from falling backwards. From then on it was a painfully slow climb in the darkness. ABC and Suck It took turns to piggyback TnG up some sections till the top.

It was also a slow walk down hill along the loose sandy path by the quarry site. Though we were on clear laterite roads, it was torturous to look for the paper trail, especially at the many junctions. The few more checks thrown in along the way home made it worse. It was difficult to look for white paper on these roads in the darkness.

Towards, the end, No Hair came in a pick-up with refreshments. He had to wait for the last few who made a wrong turn and ended down to a check that was not disconnected, all of whom had to cramp in the pick-up for the short ride to reach home just about nine.

Circle was kept a wee bit shorter as the On On was to be at a restaurant nearby. As soon the circle ended, it poured.

Wildman paid us a visit. Some first time guests refused to hold the TOO at the welcome and for this the other guest who brought them was iced for the inviting under aged.

(scribed by Bandit - a long write up to torture everyone as how he felt tortured by the run)




Next Run: No 899 Date: 09/10/2010 Hare: Guitarman Venue: Sri Haneco

No comments:

Post a Comment